Just had an allergic reaction to hair dye after years of having it colored at the salon. Trying to determine if the cause was too much ammonia /oxidizer or a PPD allergy. I wonder because the two times I had a reaction happened to also be the only times the fumes from the application was so overpowering I lost my breath and had to step away for air. Any idea how can I find out which is the cause? I live in MA. Also, can this product be used to add lowlights to my hair? If at the end of my reserach the decision appears it is best to go gray, I have long permanently dyed medium brown hair with probably over 50% gray coming in at the roots to grow out and don't want to look unkempt in the growing out process.. since I work in a professional office. Any help would be most appreciated!